Up to 3cm accuracy with NO Ground Control Points
Aeromao Inc. introduces the new precise GNSS PPK upgrade solution for the Aeromapper 300 and Aeromapper Talon UAV systems.
The GNSS PPK (Post Processing Kinematic) is available as an optional upgrade and it is a complete turnkey solution that allows you to achieve up to 3cm accuracy with No Ground Control Points, saving lots of time and money.
The upgrade package consists of a geodetic grade 20Hz Dual Frequency L1/L2 GNSS (GPS + GLONASS) Receiver for post-processed kinematic correction of the UAV trajectory, User Manual, GPS post-processing software and full support.
The system provides very high precision camera positioning every time an image is captured.
And we mean full solution: complete software workflow guide
The GNSS PPK upgrade is delivered integrated into the UAV and ready to use. The system includes complete step by step instructions on how to process the GPS information in order to have the data set ready for Pix4DMapper, Agisoft Photoscan or your image processing software of choice.
The GPS post processing takes typically between 20 mins to 40 mins depending on the size of the areas surveyed.
PPK Vs. RTK
Our PPK system offers the same level of accuracy of an RTK system but with the following advantages:
- PPK systems do not depend on having an RF link between the GCS and the UAV in order to work. This leads to significant power and complexity savings since the UAV does not require additional data transmitter onboard, making the UAV simple to operate and to use its full payload potential.
- Post processing of the positioning data is much simpler
- Our PPK system allows you to survey larger areas than an RTK system since you don’t depend on the link range of the RTK transmitters, which are typical of RTK UAV based operations.
- Positioning information of the Base Station can be corrected during GPS post-processing (if using a base station instead of positioning service). This cannot be done in an RTK system.
- PPK calculated information can be more accurate than RTK by making use of more precise orbital data and more sophisticated smoothing, filtering and interpolation algorithms. Additionally, you can spend less time in the field as setting up a base station for logging only is less complex, and when using an internet source of base data, a base station is not even necessary.
- Time spent in the office is the same as for RTK-only systems, as post-processing is also often necessary to get a precise position of the base station for RTK-based UAS
Copyright 2011 Aeromao. All rights reserved.